Wednesday 4 January 2012

Skyrim? Skyrim.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
It's a bit delicious
but then it's not.
Everybody loves Skyrim. It's a known fact. Everyone's addicted to it. Of course they are.



Then why am I not?



I don't get what the fuss is. Sure, there's a huge world to explore and a lot of things to craft, kill and possibly teabag into Oblivion (pardon the pun) but I'm just not addicted. I just don't understand why this latches onto people, it's not THAT spectacular. It's a step in the right direction for gaming technology but.. it's not that good. I have to be honest. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or something but I haven't been that latched.



Might be because I've been preoccupied with many things. Skyrim does seem interesting though, when I go to choose a game, I'll probably pick that first. So I do see how it happens.



Bethesda developed the Creation Engine for Sky...
I'm getting sick of these fuckers now.

If you look past all the fancy, amazing aesthetic qualities about Skyrim, it's pretty generic. I'm not going to lie, once you've been through one dungeon, you've pretty much experienced the game.
 They're ALL the same apart from the odd 1 or 2. Plus, the idea of running from point A to point B was a lot better in Oblivion as you got attacked more often. In Skyrim, when I want to fight someone, it hardly happens. I'm not sure if I'm extremely unlucky or not but Skyrim isn't giving me much.




Well, when it comes to dragons, they're ALL I fight. No matter where I go, there's a dragon, I fought about 3 dragons just from exiting the Mage College up north. Was kinda epic watching all the other mages help take it down with me but besides that, it's a bit of a pesty thing when I want to get somewhere I haven't discovered yet and dragons keep eating out my arse before I even reach the damn place.



But these are only my opinions, I can't say they speak for everyone but I also know that a lot of people, like me, didn't enjoy it as much as others have done.

What are your thoughts, squeers? Give me some comments.

Ciao for now.

Have some related articles:


No comments:

Post a Comment