Thursday 10 November 2011

INTP T_T (Would)

Note: I was very inept at typing. I've kept this here to show progression of learning your own type and that it will take a few tries to get to the right type. I'm INFJ. Enjoy my younger ramblings!


€I know my blog posts are basically about gaming and the industry in general but sod you all, I'm going to write about my personality type. Then I'll probably write about how it could work in the gaming industry. Yes, I'm kissing my own ass and it tastes like ass but what do you expect from as ass if you kiss it? Don't say chocolate, that's manually applied.

I've come across these letters jumbled up together on the internet and I had no idea what they meant. I recently stumbled across these letters again and thought "YOU SHALL BE ANALYSED, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE" and by god, I did.

If you came into my head, you wouldn't want to leave.
...
Then my head would be full of .. nevermind.
They're personality types. A woman called Isabel Myers-Briggs manages to categorise all personalties into 16 categories. I got INTP which is known as "The Thinker". Basically, I have GREAT ideas that could change the nation but I usually can't be arsed either explaining them or following through with them. Which is true actually, when I have an idea, I don't do it straight away. Well actually, I did this blog on the same day I thought about it but for the rest of my ideas, I usually put it off until the last minute before I follow through which is quite bad. Good thing this blog is here, I guess.

Alright, I'll fully explain how this works. There's:

Extroversion and Introversion: Basically,  extroversion is to act outwards onto objects and people and introversion is to be inward thinking about ideas and concepts.

Sensing and Intuition: These lie down to how we perceive information. Sensory type people trust factual information, what they hear and know. Intuitive people prefer theoretical and abstract information.

Thinking and Feeling: These effect how we make decisions. Thinkers use logic and rationalise each problem before they approach it. Feelers make decisions by emphasizing or associating with the situations.

Probably because my idea's are a bit resourceful..
Judgement and Perception: Judging would be to asses the situation and react accordingly, perceiving would be to jump in head first and act to everything on a whim.

Now it's at this bit where I bring in the gaming section because I'm so god damn precise.

WHY HASN'T ANYONE MADE A CHARACTER PROGRESSION GRID BASED ON THIS?!

Sure, people can basically create a character in most games, give him skills and what not but no one's actually related to their own character from the inside, have they? They're all basically the same character with pre-written lines. To use this concept in gaming wouldn't be hard. 16 outcomes. 16 to choose from. You'd be surprised how ACCURATE the descriptions for these are. I was impressed when I read mine. I then did my mums and my dads and they were scaringly accurate. Mum was a "Doer" and Dad was an "Artist". Seems a "thinker" is a good inbetween. Although I don't agree with it entirely, I am known to disregard thought and enter a situation with no fear. But then again, this was learnt from BEING an INTP so I guess I can't get out of that one.

So yeah. Games companies. Do this. Latch onto this idea. No one owns this method of categorising, it's free to use, far as I'm aware. I'm still waiting for the Creative Director job or the Web-based reviewer job. Just saying, viewers.

Click on this link and answer it to find your own personality category:
http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html

Then click on the corresponding combo and read away here:
http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html


Ciao, Squireens. (Yes, I made that up, saves me having to be gender specific)

This is my personality love match.
Why does this concept excite me way too much?
Shouldn't I be crying or scared?


No comments:

Post a Comment