Monday 14 November 2011

Developers: "WE KNOW WHAT YOU WANT, STOP TELLING US" US: "wut"

Douchebags.
I came across an image on 4chan, yes, THAT site, which showed a thread from Team Ninja about the new Devil May Cry reboot. I'd go fetch the image for you but I just recently installed a Chrome extension which bans procrastination sites for long periods of time so I can't. Actually, wait, TO GOOGLE IMAGES!



Ok, I tried and I couldn't find it, no surprise there really. I'll tell you the situation of the new DmC reboot. Basically, nobody likes it. I don't like it. The badassery of Dante, the original character, has been reduced to something not that badassery. More weedy and more faggotry. No seriously, this Dante smokes, even though the developer of the original games said he's "too cool to smoke" which only makes me hate Team Ninja more.

So, most of this hate came from /v/ on 4chan. The video games section of it. It's home to some very smart people, including the odd brainless deadbeat, and they have well structured views. It's only natural that they didn't like it, it's leaving common ground entirely. Most of us wanted DMC5 and to finish the damn cliff-hangers that DMC4 left, again, long story. But no, we get an even younger Dante than the one from DMC3. People have said it's a reboot, some have said it's a prequel going way back. I don't know anymore. But anyway, back to the point in hand.

Team Ninja noticed that all the DmC hate was mostly either originating or coming from /v/. So they sent someone to post a thread on there directly informing /v/ of their intentions. This is basically what they said, in a nutshell:
Team Ninja's feelings about
fans reactions to DmC

"We've decided to do something new here, the old Dante was becoming lame and we needed to do something about it. How about you stop this hate as the new levels are on a different engine and everything's better. Stop hating on this game"

Yep. I know, right? Alright, I'll list what's wrong with this statement. Again, this is the jist of what I remember, not the exact wording of what they said:


  • "old Dante was becoming lame" - Who actually decided that? I have NEVER come across ANYONE who has said that Dante was lame or outdated. He's what made the DMC series, what a dick move for getting rid of your key selling point.
  • "Different engine and everything's better" - Most of us liked how it was. If we didn't, we wouldn't have bought DMC4. I don't even know why I'm making more points, you replaced Dante, you tools
  • "stop hating on this game" - How about no? Saying that is like me collecting my own breast milk, letting people smell it and threatening to punch them in the face if they don't like it.
Case in point, listen to your god damn fans. We know what we want. Don't tell us any different.

Ciao, Squeers. 

I mean, seriously, who actually thought this was a good idea?!


No comments:

Post a Comment