Sunday 20 November 2011

"Squares n' s***" "Cool story, bro'" Minecraft

Everybody who's come across Minecraft will eventually get addicted to it. There isn't a chance you wont, when you start off, it's intimidating with all these formulas and having to mould stuff, combine stuff and "WHY CAN'T I FIND WHAT I NEED" syndrome, I remember my first experience of not being able to find iron and instead of coal, I just burnt wood instead because I used science and science usually does work in Minecraft, I can't suit up with a gold sword and full armour without getting my arse handed to me since gold is basically f****** useless in the game.

But Minecraft is the production of an indie company called .. I've forgotten, hold on ..

*Cough*
So yeah, Mojang. Guy called Notch, well his nickname, made this game with a few more people and it was a hit. It was a unique idea. You create your world by uisng squares, you mine recourses like dirt and stone, you build shelter away from enemies who really want to destroy your anus (don't get me started about spiders), you get bombed by creepers, who happen to be the scariest f****** game enemy you will ever see when you start Minecraft, and building your own tools. You place blocks, you can have an idea in mind and yo do it. You realise it wont happen over night so you either stop the project or keep going. Once you've completed your project, my GOD DOES IT FEEL GOOD because it's a game that makes you work for your damn goals.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssSSSSSSSSS


Now other mainstream companies, THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE A GAME.

You give the people COMPLETE control. You make it so they can get rid of what they want, work for what they want and LOVE what you want. But it's too late, other companies. You can't do this concept without either copying it or making it overly complicated. You can't. Minecraft is the revolution that'll stay in control due to its ever growing fan base and modding community. 

They beat you too it and you're sick with envy. They made such an obvious idea real. And we love them for it. Mojang is brilliant and nobody can say a bad word about it. Even Notch makes me want to cuddle the **** out of him.

Cuao, Squeers.

I hope you lol as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment